The weather is different in different parts of the world, but if you’re somewhere the sun is blazing like I am, then you know the struggle right now of staying cool in this heat. If you’re looking for a list of ways to make it through this heat, look no further, a list is here! Some of these ways may seem obvious and some may not. Regardless, I hope they help you keep cool during the heat!
1. Turn lights off in your home. Lights produce heat, so it’s best to keep your lights off for as long as possible. You’re keeping as less heat as possible from getting in and saving money for your light bill all at the same time.
2. Do indoor activities. Even though the heat is insane, it’s still important to get out of your house for a bit. Luckily, there are some indoor activities you can do such as the movies, skating, walking in the mall, out to eat, etc. You can still have fun and stay cool as much as possible.
3. Stay hydrated. This is one of the most important ones. It can be very easy to become dehydrated in this weather, so it’s important to make sure you’re drinking enough water so you don’t end up passing out.
4. I scream for ice cream. One of the more fun options is to have some ice cream! Ice cream or freeze pops are a great and delicious way to help cool down in the summer heat.
5. Consume cool foods. Other foods you can eat along with ice cream (that may not be as fun but still delicious) can be fruits like watermelon, oranges, yogurt. If you’re someone who likes salad, then you’re in luck because those are also good to eat during the summer heat.
6. Wear lightweight clothing. I think it goes without saying that you probably shouldn’t be wearing sweaters during 100 degree weather, but here’s a reminder. Light colored and lightweight clothing is the best way to go to help keep your body from attracting as much sun as possible when outside.
7. Take a Dive. One of my favorites is to go for a swim! Taking a dip in a pool or going to a water park is one of the best ways(to me) to keep cool. Be sure to wear sunscreen so you don’t get sunburnt!
What are some of your favorite ways to stay cool? Let me know in the comments!