I am officially back from my blogging break, and while I was gone, I turned twenty-seven yesterday! The older I get, the less I want to keep getting older (I dislike the thought of aging), but with aging also comes learning new things or learning more about the things you already knew.
I love doing these kinds of posts because it really shows how much you can learn that you may not have realized. In this post, I decided to not just make a list of 27 things I’ve learned before turning 27, but I decided to pinpoint different statements throughout and explain them a little further. These things include new lessons I’ve learned, things I already knew but learned more about or realized more, and statements that continued to remain very true and relatable!
1. It’s okay to start over.
2. I like my peace more than I realized.
3. I’m still young in age and at heart.
4. Manifesting and affirming are actually hard for me.
5. Relationships with people you thought would last forever sometimes don’t and that’s okay.
6. I have a lot of mental health work to do.
7. Take that leap of faith.
8. Be careful what you pray for.
9. The pandemic has both broken me and strengthened me at the same time.
10. VERY CAREFULLY pick and choose your battles.
11. Sometimes you’re the villain of your own story.
12. Entrepreneurship is hard as hell.
13. I’m jealous of others’ successes.
14. Breaks are okay.
15. It’s important to let things go that you can’t control.
16. The social clock is still a bitch.
17. I still have a lot of work to do within myself.
18. It’s okay to mourn lost relationships.
19. Sometimes 3 cups of coffee is a must.
20. I’m developing a love for cute blazers.
21. I don’t want to conform to fit within an algorithm.
22. I kind of make a decent plant mother.
23. My anxiety has gotten much worse since the start of 2020.
24. I feel that my twenties are passing away.
25. Make those investments…big or small.
26. Sleep is essential.
27. Record/photograph every moment and memory you make.
I have so much more to learn and improve on, not just as a 27-year-old, but a woman in her twenties. I’m excited to see all of the things that I learn and the growth that comes from it all by the time that I’m thirty!
What is something that you learned when you were twenty-six or just your twenties in general?