Want to find some alcoholic drinks for you and your friends to enjoy during summer? Well I’m going to give you 5 drinks for the summer you should give a try!
- 1 bunch fresh mint, cleaned
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 lemons, juiced
- 4 limes, juiced
- Ice cubes
- 1 (750 ml bottle) light rum
- 1 liter club soda
In a large pitcher, muddle mint sprigs with sugar and lemon and lime juices until well combined. Add ice, rum and club soda and stir together. Pour into glasses, straining out mint. Enjoy!
2. CLASSIC MARGARITA
- 1 to 1/2 ounces silver tequila
- 1 ounce orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- Splash simple syrup
- Coarse salt
- 1 fresh mint leaf, for garnish
Combine the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice and simple syrup in an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Shake until cold, and strain into a chilled, salt-rimmed rocks glass. Garnish with mint, and serve.
3. STRAWBERRY PINA COLADA
- 1 cup ripe strawberries, stemmed and chopped
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (recommended: Coco Lopez)
- Crushed ice, as needed
- Paper drink umbrellas, for garnish
- Whole strawberries, for garnish
- Pineapple wedges, for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
Combine the strawberries, pineapple juice, coconut cream, and crushed ice in a blender and blend until smooth and thick. Serve in a margarita glass or other fun glass and garnish with drink umbrella, whole strawberry, pineapple wedge, and fresh mint leaf.
4. SEX ON THE BEACH
- 1 oz. melon liqueur
- 1 oz. peach schnapps
- 1 oz. vodka
- Orange juice
- Splash cranberry juice
- Maraschino cherry
Fill chimney glass with ice and add melon liqueur, peach schnapps and vodka. Add equal parts pineapple and orange juice almost to top. Add a splash of cranberry. Garnish with a maraschino cherry.
5. MINT JULEP SLUSHY
- 5 fresh mint leaves, plus a few mint sprigs, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Shaved ice
- 2 1/2 ounces bourbon whiskey
- Lemon slice, for garnish, optional
- Orange slice, for garnish, optional
- Maraschino cherry, for garnish, optional
Place mint leaves, sugar and a splash of water into a silver julep cup or a 12-ounce Tom Collins glass. Muddle the mint, sugar, and water together with the tip of the handle of a wooden spoon. Fill the glass with shaved ice, add the bourbon, and stir until combined. Garnish with a lemon or orange slice, a cherry, and a few sprigs of fresh mint.
I have not personally made these drinks myself, but I have tried most of them and I recommend. If you try any of them out let me know!
**Disclaimer: All drinks and recipes are taken from https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/packages/best-summer-and-grilling-recipes/summer-party-recipes/photos/best-summer-drink-and-cocktail-recipes. None of these recipes are mine. Also, remember to drink responsibly and legally.**