I’m not the spokesperson of positivity when it comes to myself, HOWEVER, I do love to help others when it comes to positivity. I know, I know, how contradictory of me but I can’t help wanting to help others. With that being said, these few tips I’m going to give to you guys are also going to be tips for myself as well. Also note, that times of struggle can be anything. Whatever is keeping you in the dark, I hope these few tips can help lift you up…even if it’s just a little bit.
1. Look For the Positive In The Negative. For some situations, that may seem very tough to do. No matter what the situation though, you can pull some type of good out of it. It doesn’t have to be big or multiple things. Whether it’s a good memory, an end result, or maybe a very small moment that might be the only reason you’re holding on…there’s always SOMETHING. Sometimes it can be a needle in a haystack moment to find it, but once you find that positive, hold on to it for dear life.
2. Gratitude. Things may be pretty crappy right now, but still try to show gratitude. Doing it in the morning might be the best time to do it as well. Depending on what you’re going through, that may be really hard to do for the moment and that’s ok. If writing it is difficult, maybe try speaking it. For example, say you’re feeling so down you can’t get out of bed. While you’re in bed just say “I’m so grateful I have a nice I can lay in during this time.” It may not feel like anything then, but it can be really helpful and a great step.
3. Positive Affirmations. Sometimes all you need are some positive affirmations to help you get through. Look yourself in the mirror and remind yourself that you’re an amazing person, you can get through this, this is a test that you know you will pass, and the light in this dark tunnel will soon shine through. Whatever affirmations that are best for you are what you should repeat over and over as many times as you need to.
4. Pray. If you’re more religious, then sometimes the best way to get or remain positive is to talk to the Lord. Just knowing he hears your pain and sees your burden and will take you out of whatever you’re going through can be what you need to make it through your time of struggle.
5. Talk To A Professional. Along with praying, I think it’s important to talk to a professional. A professional can help you hone in on what you’re struggling with and create solutions to help you get through them. Not only will it be good for getting to a positive mindset, but you’ll also develop better healing coping mechanisms if yours aren’t currently the best.
6. Take Care Of Yourself. Guys, this one is a lot easier said than done. I know because I struggle with this myself. It’s so important to take care of yourself in order to help keep your mind in a positive mindset. No matter what you’re going through, you can’t allow your self-care to fall through…as hard as that can be. Self care can be getting enough sleep, eating right, exercising, washing your hair, even just speaking positivity unto yourself. I could have the worst day ever, but sometimes just taking a long hot shower makes me feel better. It’s like for that moment I’m washing all my troubles away.
I hope you guys are able to use these notes when you’re struggling and they can help you get back to or remain in a positive mindset.
If you guys want a part 2 then I’d love to do one and also let me know what helps you remain positive in times of struggle in the comments below!