Are you tired of me mentioning my birthday yet?? Well, don’t you worry because this will be my last birthday post since TOMORROW IS MY BIRTHDAY! It’s been a little mental health journey these past few days, but I’m so excited for my birthday. Am I more excited about the free food that I’m going to eat? Probably.
Tip: make accounts to as many of your favorite restaurants as possible so you can eat free all day on your birthday!
In honor of turning 25 tomorrow, I’m writing the ever so popular “Things I’ve Learned” post. I’m going to do this post a little differently this time. Instead of just making a list of just 25 things I’ve learned, I’m going to write 15 things I’ve learned and 10 things I want to learn or wish I knew that I have no clue about yet. I think by doing it this way, it shows others who are my age or younger that you don’t have it all figured out by 25 and that you’re not alone for not knowing things you feel you’re supposed to know. With that being said, let’s get into it!
15 Things I’ve Learned
1. independence is important
2. you’re more than likely not going to have everything figured out
3. It’s ok to take time and figure out what you want in life
4. student loans are very real and they suck
5. mental health is more important than a job
6. somehow you’re young but also an elder at the same time in your 20’s
7. many, many MANY mistakes will be made and that’s ok
8. You might discover a passion you never knew you could have
9. college isn’t for everyone
10. crackling knees (if you know, you know)
11. being an introvert suddenly hits a little harder
12. time with family and friends become more important
13. the social clock is real and very dangerous to your mentality
14. being an adult sucks
15. being an adult may suck, but it has its fun moments too
10 Things I Want To Learn
1. how to do taxes
2. how to save money/budget
3. check/ change the oil in a car
4. time management
5. how to build credit
6. how to sew
7. to cook a real meal ( I know how to cook some things, but I won’t be volunteering to host Thanksgiving anytime soon)
9. how to run a business
10. how to be an ADULT adult (yes this is a thing)
Let me know if you like this format and if you can relate to any of these!