First I’d like to begin and say thank you all so much for these nominations. To see my consistent hard work not go unnoticed really means a lot to me. Next, I’m a tad bit behind on making posts for these nominations, so I have about 3 nominations that I need to tackle. With that being said, I decided to just do all three of them in one blog post.
1.Blogger Recognition Award
I was nominated by the beautiful Ruth(melanintalks). I’m so honored and grateful to receive this award. This is my first time ever receiving this award. Thank you so much to Ruth for recognizing me and I’m glad she’s gotten recognized as well as she deserves it. You all should check her out!
How It All Began
The Black Princess Diaries came from what was originally a tumblr I was trying to make. I said to myself I wanted a place to showcase my poetry, but I have so many tumblr’s already that instead, I decided to create a blog or website for it. Thus this blog was born. I originally planned to only showcase my poetry, but I thought I should do more. I know I have a lot of opinions about different topics and I also love to give advice, so I decided to share those as well. This became a real life diary of my thoughts, opinions, and more. And I’m so happy as to how it’s all turning out.
Advice To New Bloggers
1.Make sure you’re being 100% yourself and blogging about what you want to blog about. Don’t feel like you always have to be so proper or stick with topics you see everyone else doing. What’s creative or authentic about that?
2.Don’t pay so much attention to the stats. You’ll drive yourself nuts if you keep focusing on things like that, especially if you’re a new blogger like myself. Just keep doing what you do and the numbers will suddenly soar without you even knowing it.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post explaining how your blog got started
- Give 2 pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you feel deserves some recognition
- Comment on each blog nominating them, providing the link to the post you created
For this award, I was nominated by the lovely Gabbie(theopinionatedone). Again very honored to receive this award. I’ve never heard of this award before and I really like the concept of it. Gabbie is an amazing blogger and you all should check out her work as well and follow her.
1.I’m a huge procrastinator. I procrastinate everything and it’s terrible. I thought being in college would help it, but it hasn’t one bit. Sometimes I feel like I do a little bit better when I procrastinate some things, but others…not so much. That’s honestly why I need to write all my blog posts in one day and schedule them. If I didn’t, I’d probably be up late writing posts throughout the week(which I’ve done before). I’ll get better at it…eventually.
2.I have driving anxiety. I’m pretty anxious about a good amount of things in general, but my driving anxiety just might be the worst at this point. It really sucks because it restricts me a lot from going places myself without someone taking me. I don’t have anxiety about driving in general. I can drive to the store, school, friend’s houses, etc. It’s more so dealing with the highway, going downtown, going places I’m not familiar, etc. I hate it because I would love to go downtown more but I can’t because I have no one to hang with aka also someone to take me. I know I’ll get over it soon, but I hope it’s sooner than I feel like it is.
3.I can’t stick with anything. Lord knows I can’t stick with anything too long. I’ve had goals to do this and that, but it only lasts a few weeks…if that. I hate it because one of the goals I’ve made it trying to lose weight and I can’t ya’ll how many times I’ve started over with that! I really want this to change, but it’ll take a lot of time and dedication. Both of which I’m lacking at this moment.
FLAWESOME AWARD RULES
- Link back the Creator.
- Display the Award.
- List 3 flaws.
- Tag 10 people.
3.Sunshine Blogger Award
On to my final award, which I was nominated by Tera(itsmycrazybeautifullife). This is my 2nd time being nominated for this award and I’m just so grateful to once again receiving this honor. Tera is another dedicated blogger and she deserved this award. Everyone should also check out her blog and her social links as well!
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now? I’m hoping that I’m living in my own place with a puppy and whatever I choose to do, I hope it’s something that makes me happy.
- What do you hope to get out of blogging? First I hope to help others. I love helping others and giving advice, so I’m hoping that I’m doing a good job of that through my blog. Second, I’m kind of hoping that this will become a career path for me. I say kind of because I don’t want to get my hopes up too much if it doesn’t work out, but I want to make The Black Princess Diaries not only a blog but a brand.
- Who is your favorite celebrity and why? I have waay to many faves to name just one. I’ll name a few: Kevin Hart, Nicki Minaj, Michael B. Jordan, Will Smith, H.E.R. I like these celebs because of their talents, whether it be they keep me laughing, give me songs to vibe to, or entertain me in different tv shows and movies.
- Who is your best supporter? My mom. I know she supports me 100% and she always lets me know that.
- After a long stressful day, how do you relax? Liquor. Ok, not really, but I do love a good Moscato. I love to just change my clothes, make some food, and relax by watching youtube or something on TV.
- What is your spirit animal and why? I had to figure this out for a class one day. I think I found out my spirit animal was a dog, but I don’t remember why.
- What advice would you give to new bloggers? Be yourself. Be creative. Have fun.
- It’s fall, what is your favorite thing about it? I’m not much of a fall person, but I do love when it gets to a point of where it’s not so hot. I also hate though how cold it just rapidly starts to get.
- What are your top 3 apps for blogging? Really I just use twitter, but I did create an instagram and I have a bloglovin as well.
- If you could donate to a charity, which one would you? Either one that goes towards helping animals or one that goes towards cancer.
- What’s your favorite scary movie? I don’t like scary movies. I have seen insidious and the purge though although those are thrillers and not really scary.
1.What’s your favorite thing about blogging
2.What’s your least favorite thing about blogging?
3.How did you start your blog?
4.You can only eat at one fast food restaurant for the rest of your life…what do you choose?
5.Do you plan on making blogging your career?
6.What’s advice you would give to new bloggers?
7.How do you choose to relax after a long day?
8.Podcast or music when driving?
9.What do you like to do before you start writing your blog posts?
10.What’s your favorite season…summer, spring, fall, winter? Why?
11.Have you ever been nominated for this award before?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link to the original post
- Answer the 11 questions they’ve asked you
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions
- Have fun!!
We made it to the end of the ceremony! Again I’d like to thank all three of these ladies for nominating me with these awards. Below I will provide all my nominees. I nominate each and everyone of you for all 3 awards. You all deserve it!