By my title you guys already know what this post is going to be about. I got nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Not only did I get nominated, but this is my first nomination as a blogger! I am so honored and I have Christy to thank so be sure to please check out her blog and show her posts some love. I haven’t been blogging long and I’ve seen other bloggers get this award, so to receive it means that my hard work and consistency is paying off.
For those of you who don’t know what the Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers from bloggers that recognizes the hard work, dedication, and personality that exudes through not only the blog but the blogger.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions which the blogger who nominated you asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and ask them 11 different questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post and/or blog site.
Questions From Christy
- When did you start blogging, and what inspired you?
– I started blogging in June 8th, 2018 so by the time this is posted it will be exactly 2 month since I’ve been blogging. What inspired me first was making a platform for my poetry, but then I also realized I wanted to do more than just post poetry as well. I have thoughts on different subjects and I love giving advice so what better place to do that than a blog?
2. Do you have long-term goals for your blog? If so, what are they?
– I haven’t exactly thought of any long term or short term goals but I do want to buy my domain, hopefully get some collaborations going, and in the end just make this something that I do for life. Who knows where the road may lead (ok so maybe those are some long term goals).
3. Describe yourself in three words.
– fun, short, clumsy
4. What are two things that you are most passionate about?
– My poetry and singing
5. If you were granted the opportunity to guest post on my blog, would you consider?
– YES,YES, AND YES
6. What is your favorite type of music?
– a like a pretty good variety….rnb, hiphop, gospel, old school, pop
7. What was your biggest fear when you first started blogging? How did you overcome it?
– I don’t think I had a fear. I more so was just hoping that this wasn’t something I wouldn’t keep up because I struggle with that but I’m proud of myself for remaining consistent.
8. Where are you from? What is one of your favorite food / native dishes from your home country?
– I’m from America. I guess my favorite American dish would be burgers. I always gravitate towards them in restaurants.
9. Where are some places that spark the ideas to think or write?
– When it comes to getting ideas for blog posts, I don’t have to be in a specific place but for poems, usually Starbucks or a local coffee shop really helps. It’s just something about the environment. Regardless of where I am, I love to have a cup of coffee by my side to keep me pushing through.
10. The one thing you wish to change in this world, and why?
– I can only choose one?? I guess if it’s the whole world and not just in America, then I’ll just go with equality. It’s clearly a problem. People of color, women, the lgbtq community, etc are not treated equally or fairly and that needs to change.
11. What are two major pieces of advice would you give a new blogger?
– I’m going to give two tips I gave in my post about my experience as a new blogger. You can read it here. The first major piece of advice would be to be yourself. It’s so important. Don’t be afraid to show who you really are. The more authentic you are in your blog, the more people are going to enjoy reading your posts and getting to know the writer behind them.
The second major piece of advice I’d give is to connect with other bloggers. Get that good support base. Make friends. Do features and collaborations. It really can help not only get your blog out there more, but to gain friends who support you and love doing the same things you do.
Aaaaandd the nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are *drumroll*
QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
- How long have you been blogging?
- What is something you didn’t except to happen when you started blogging?
- Is blogging something you’re doing seriously or just for fun?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would you go?
- Favorite meal of the day: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?
- What’s your favorite thing about the blogging community? Least favorite?
- Your Spotify playlist is on shuffle. What song you hope plays first?
- Are you a night owl or an early bird?
- What’s the most favorite post you’ve written so far?
- Have you ever felt like giving up on blogging? If so, what kept you going?
- You just won the Sunshine Blogger Award. What does this mean to you?